Welcome to the 2018 Cheers Charlotte Radio Capture the Crown Homebrew Competition!
Congratulations to the winners of the
2018 CTC Homebrew Competition!
Brandon Carter from Salisbury, NC
With his Driving Miss Hazy NE IPA
Jeremy Frazier from Columbia, SC
With his Muddy Waters Imperial Stout
Jeremy Frazier AGAIN!
With is Blank Check Citra Pale Ale
*** REGISTRATION FOR THE 2018 CAPTURE THE CROWN COMP HAS CLOSED***
For our 4th year we are partnering with Legal Remedy Brewing!
- Best of Show (BOS) beer will be brewed professionally by Legal Remedy Brewing on their 4BBL commercial system and the winning homebrewer gets to brew with Legal Remedy every step of the way!
- The winning homebrew will be showcased at the 2018 Queen City Brewers Festival at the Legal Remedy table on February 3, 2018 and the winning homebrewer receives 2 tickets to attend the festival!
- The winner’s name will be inscribed on the traveling Capture The Crown Trophy for all to revere in the taproom of Legal Remedy Brewing where it will be displayed!
- The winner will be invited to be the Homebrewer Spotlight on the Cheers Charlotte Radio episode prior to the Queen City Brewers Festival so you can promote your beer!
- First, Second and Third place winners will be presented medals at a special beer release party at Legal Remedy Brewery on January 26, 2018, one week prior to the 2018 Queen City Brewers Festival!
- Keep Your Name! If you win, Legal Remedy Brewing has agreed to keep your beer name the same as it was submitted so put some thought int0 it as it will be appreciated by all!
- All styles are welcome except for sours, meads and ciders up to 14.9%. Grain to Glass in one month’s time.
- Entry deadline is December 16, 2017. Drop off locations are Legal Remedy Brewing in Fort Mill, Lenny Boy Brewing in Charlotte, High Branch Brewing in Concord and Carolina Beer Temple in Matthews.
- Competition Date is December 17, 2017.
- Facebook Event Page Here
2017 Capture The Crown with Lenny Boy Brewing
1st Place – Thomas Fenton – “Clear winner in our book! Very smooth sweet stout with slight lactose and coffee/chocolate notes. Not overly sweet with a nice roastiness. The body has notes of butter (in a good way) – caramel malt variant perhaps? Through and through a well balanced and tasty beer. Well done!
2nd Place – Jim Pence
3rd Place – Chase Burton
2017 Kapture The Kombucha Winner – Jeanne Boyle w/ 24K Carrot Bootch
2016 Capture The Crown with Sycamore Brewing
1st Place – Mike Smoak
2nd Place – Daniel Hillesheim
3rd Place – Richard Clark
2014 Capture The Crown with Triple C Brewing
1st Place – Carson Warstler
2nd Place – Bill Lynch
3rd Place – Kyle